The Iowa AVPG will provide tremendous opportunity to our people and the state as a whole. While we’re still in the early stages of visioning and planning for the Iowa AVPG, we’ve identified a few key reasons why this designation is important for Iowa. Promoting and enhancing safety is paramount in our motivation to advance and understand the role of automated vehicles. The AVPG designation opens the door to countless opportunities for Iowa far beyond the areas of research and safety advances. The Iowa AVPG will bring job creation and attract investment, provide opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education, spur innovation, and showcase our state in the national spotlight, just to name a few.
Why we pursued this:
- Improving safety on the roadways, saving lives
- Economic Development Opportunities – pushing Iowa forward as a leader in the AV space
- Exploring the rural roadway system and network and opportunities to connect the rural area to urban centers
- Measuring rural commercial opportunities (agricultural, etc)
- Build on our rich and unique history